Stress could worsen nerve disorder

US scientists have said that chronic social stress could worsen neuro-degenerative disorder — a condition where cells of the brain and spinal cord are destroyed. The brain and spinal cord are composed of neurons that do different functions such as controlling movements, processing sensory information, and making decisions.

In experiments on mice, researchers at Texas A&M University found that social stress increased the inflammation of the central nervous system (CNS) that consists of the brain and spinal cord, reported health portal Health Central. Stress appeared to elevate levels of protein cytokine called interleukin-6 (IL-6), which led to increased severity of multiple sclerosis-like illnesses in the mice.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a serious and incurable neurological disease that causes blindness and paralysis. Cytokines are pro-inflammatory proteins that regulate immunity and inflammatory functions.The researchers also found that giving the mice IL-6 neutralising antibody treatments during stressful events prevented the stress-related worsening of the MS-like diseases.

"People exposed to chronic social conflict experience high levels of stress and consequent dysregulation of the immune system, thereby increasing vulnerability to infectious and auto-immune diseases," lead researcher Mary Meagher said.

7 comments:

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

crasher said...

hey r u interested in link exchange...??
I have few blogs ready for link exchange..
just have a look at them:

Free Ebooks Download

Free Hindi Songs Download

Free English Songs Download

Tips For Bloggers

it would help both of us..

Your Link on the above 4 blogs and My 4 blogs on your Site.(Equal)

If interested contact me at

spectrojin@yahoo.co.in

please mention your blog/site URL and title while replying

thanx in advance...

bernard n. shull said...

i did a little research after you told me about your "thing", and if you want a way to make more money using your your blog you can enter this site: link. bye.

Maayan Gordon said...

Hello, I am a student at Occidental College and I am training to run the LA Marathon to raise money for cancer research. You can follow my progress on my blog at http://lamarathonrun.blogspot.com/. My goal is to raise $1,500 and I was wondering if you would like to make a pledge. If not, I would very much appreciate it if you left a comment on my blog. Thanks and have a great day.

wsxwhx664 said...

台灣女藝人 -
洪爺色情小說 -
台灣女藝人拍 3 級片 -
洪爺影城-影片中心 -
小說頻道 -
成人視訊 -
台灣女藝人 a -
成人小說 -
性感照片 -
台灣女藝人 m -
熱門色情小說 -
色情片 -
網路愛情小說 -
成人限制文學情色小說 -
台灣女藝人 s -
bb 台灣女藝人 -
線上小說 -
免費情色小說 -
性愛小說 -
網路愛情小說故事 -
性經驗黃色小說 -
台灣女藝人 h -
性愛聊天室 -
色妹妹貼圖片區 -
性愛電影 -
time 雜誌封面的台灣女藝人 -
情色性愛貼圖 -
性愛自拍 -
性愛貼圖 -
性愛姿勢 -
性愛圖片 -
嘟嘟情色成人網 -
台灣18情色成人網 -
網路電視下載 -
情色成人 -

aisha said...

2001 Ford Thunderbird AC Compressor
I just came across your blog and found it be really helpful in my evaluation

sheena said...

Isuzu FSR Truck Turbocharger

ur blog is really nice and interesting, You have maintain it so beautifully that I truly like & enjoy it.Really a great post.I liked it and i will share it with others too.

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online